Thursday, January 21, 2010

filmmaking? me?

to say you want to grow up and be a filmmaker is quite a broad exclamation. of course, we would all love to one day be a famous hollywood director, but is that really a reality? im not sure it is, which is why that is not my personal goal for filmmaking. i love movies, and i love making them but more than that i enjoy working with a camera. honestly, in my ideal world i would own my own restaurant or two and have the ability to make films on the side. however, in another sense i need a back up plan to that, one that involves a job out of college very fast. with that said, i have really taken a liking to sports filming. i completed my internship filming football practices and games for tuscaloosa county high school, and that experience has led me to wanting to film more football. i would not mind being one of those guys filming the nfl one day, working for a tv company. all of that would suit me. in fact, im trying to film alabama football for the coming season, a work in progress. with athat said, my goals for this course are to become more comfortable with a camera, more comfortable being on a set, just more experience overall that can help me whether its on a movie set or on football field.

No comments:

Post a Comment